Don’t have a mantel in your home to hang your stockings with care? Try these other places to hang stockings so Santa can still fill them with goodies.
- TV console. If you don’t have a fireplace as the center of your living area, it’s likely you have a TV there instead. Hang your stockings there and they’ll be sure to still be at the center of your living spaces.
- Stairs. This is arguably as classic as hanging them from the mantel. Wrap some tinsel and garland around the banister to complete the timeless look.
- Ladder. If you don’t have stairs, a ladder is the next best thing. In fact, not only can you hang your stockings from it during Christmastime, but you can also use it throughout the rest of the year for blankets and other décor.
- Wall. If you’re staring at an empty space and wondering what to do with it, wonder no further. Stockings can take the place of paintings around the holidays, and if you use command hooks, there’s no need to put extra holes into the wall.
- Window. Sometimes you want to show off your décor to the whole neighborhood. A window is the perfect place to do that. Hang your stockings in your front window to put them on display for visitors both inside and passersby.
Keep the holiday inspiration coming by reading 4 Tips for a Neutral Christmas and Holiday Decor In This Festive Farmhouse. Of course, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest to get your daily dose of farmhouse inspiration!
Emily Irby is a writer, design enthusiast, and vintage treasure hunter.