If you love the flavors of fall, from harvested vegetables to spices and nuts, then this fall granola recipe is for you! This recipe comes straight from Janice Morrow of Fig and Twigs, and is the perfect treat for a cold fall morning.
What You’ll Need:
- 8 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 2 cups unsalted sunflower seeds
- 2 cups chopped hazelnuts
- 2 cups chopped almonds
- 1 cup flax seeds
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups diced dried apricots
- 2 cups diced unsweetened dried cranberries
- 1 cup diced dried figs
What You’ll Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the oats, coconut, sesame, flax seeds, cinnamon and chopped nuts in a large heatproof bowl.
- In a medium sauce pan, warm the oil and honey until it becomes bubbly.
- Pour the warm honey and oil mixture over the oats and nuts. Stir well to coat all of the ingredients for your fall granola.
- Spread the mixture onto lined or no-stick cookie sheets. You’ll need 3-4 cookie sheets for this.
- Bake the fall granola in the oven, stirring frequently, for about 25 minutes or until it’s light golden brown.
- Remove it from the oven and allow the mixture to cool.
- Once cool, place all of the mixture into a large bowl. Add the diced dried fruit and stir well to combine.
- Store the granola in an airtight container. This also freezes well for up to 6 months!