Brand Ambassador Program Guidelines
Hi friends! Thank you for your interest in applying to the Brand Ambassador Program. We’ve outlined the basics below to give you a sense of what this experience looks like. I hope this helps to answer your questions and offers insight into the program.
Victoria Van Vlear, Brand Leader and Editor
The 2021 Brand Ambassador
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, style-savvy individual who wants to build a relationship with the AFS audience as an authority and resource for farmhouse design.
The role is designated for the year 2021. Due to the American Farmhouse Style print publishing schedule, this role will start September 16, 2020.
The American Farmhouse Style Brand Ambassador for 2021 will receive the following:
- Regular column in the American Farmhouse Style print magazine for 2021 (6 issues) and online at americanfarmhousestyle.com.
- Small styling and floral stipend to spend on each column
- Free products from our advertisers for styling, photoshoots and content creation.
- Regular promotion across AFS digital platforms, including the website, Instagram, newsletters, Facebook, and Pinterest.
- Free subscription to American Farmhouse Style Magazine
- Collaboration opportunities with AFS editorial and marketing, including giveaways, social media takeovers, and other audience outreach.
- Must personally use farmhouse style decor in their home and projects.
- Able to take high-quality, print-worthy images
- Able to tell stories to AFS readers with a fresh and authentic perspective that delivers on a personal level.
- Must reliably produce and deliver original work on schedule.
- Must disclose current sponsorships and endorsements.
The 2021 Brand Ambassador role starts September 16, 2020 due to the production schedule for the first issue of 2021. The role ends December 31, 2021, provided the contract is not terminated earlier for issues listed below.
Brand Ambassador Deliverables
Items listed below are the core focus of the American Farmhouse Style 2021 Brand Ambassador:
- 1 article (text and images) per issue (6 total) to appear in the Brand Ambassador’s personal column in the 2021 issues of American Farmhouse Style Magazine.
- Promotion for AFS content on Brand Ambassador’s social media platforms at least 1x monthly.
- Sponsored content production as required.
Grant of Rights
The Brand Ambassador agrees to allow Engaged Media (publisher) use the Brand Ambassador’s content, likeness and endorsement in ads, media, etc.
By becoming the Brand Ambassador, you agree to grant exclusive publishing rights to Engaged Media for all submitted content.
Engaged Media can terminate the contract at any time. Reasons for contract termination may include, but are not limited to, breach of contract by the Brand Ambassador, a history of difficult communication, continual late or substandard submissions, and words or behaviors in public or private contexts that are deemed inappropriate by the Editor.
The Editor may cease to publish submissions by an exiting Brand Ambassador who is not in good standing. The Editor also reserves the right to remove any previously published content and bio of the Brand Ambassador who is no longer in good standing.
Entry / Round One: The search to find the American Farmhouse Style 2021 Brand Ambassador commences on July 18, 2020. Entry closes August 15, 2020. Applicants are required to fill out the info form, and provide images of original styling as seen in a bedroom, a tablescape, or an entryway. All entrants will be notified by August 19th, 2020.
Round Two: The second round will begin August 20, 2020 and submissions close September 1, 2020. In this round, applicants are required to submit (via email) original content (text and images) for a “How To” article / DIY project. Content must not appear anywhere else in print or online.
Choose the project that shows off your natural talents and favorite hobbies, including crafts, DIY projects, upcycled items, etc… We recommend keeping the project easy and accessible. Finalists will be chosen and all entrants will be notified by September 6, 2020.
Finalists are required to provide Engaged Media (publisher) with rights to publish submitted content. American Farmhouse Style will publish the “How To” / DIY content provided by the finalists in online web articles.
The AFS audience across our platforms will have a chance to cast their votes for the Brand Ambassador. The Brand Ambassador will be selected by American Farmhouse Style staff and notified by September 15, 2020.